Please find me on facebook

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Ragi ribbon pakoda


Ragi ribbon pakoda is the last savoury that I am making this year for Deepavali. My hubby's Favourite among the snack I make is garlic ribbon pakoda. But I have made Ragi version this time. Every year I try to make some Savour or sweet with millets. This year I didn't make any, so the request of ribbon pakoda is fulfilled by introducing my finger millet. The Ragi ribbon pakoda is very crispy and healthy too as the traditional one contains more besan flour. Try these black beauties and write a feedback.


Ingredients:


  • Ragi flour- 2 cups
  • Besan flour - 1 cup
  • Rice flour - 1/2 cup
  • Chilly powder - 1 tsp
  • Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
  • Salt
  • Asafoetida
  •  Water
  • Oil


Method:

  • In a vessel, take all the above ingredients except water and oil.
  • Heat oil in pan, add 2 tbsp of oil to the above mixture and knead the mixture into a smooth and soft dough.

  • Take the murukku press and put nada achu and take small balls from the dough and fill in the press.
  • Once the oil is ready for frying, press the murukku press and put in roundel.

  • Flip over to the other side. Fry until the bubbles vanishes. 

Crispy hot Ragi ribbon pakoda ready for my Deepavali platter.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...